Vape coil is a metal that is wrapped around vape’s wicking material. Vape coils heats up the e-liquid and turns it into vapor. Vape coils are responsible for the quality of the vapor. You should replace a vape coil for a vape device at least once a month, once a week if you vape often. When it is a smoking coil then it should be replaced. Read this article to find out how to prime a vape coil. Clean the vape to a prime vape. Firstly, you attach the new coil. Secondly, you fill-in the wicking material. Thirdly, you take a few dry hits. Fourthly, you start breaking-in the coil.
1. Attach the New Coil
When you have removed the old coil and cleaned the vape you move on to attaching the new coil. It is necessary to attach the new coil to avoid smoking coil. This will help to have a space ready for the wicking material.
2. Fill-in the Wicking Material
Fill-in the wicking material so when the coil starts to heat up it will heat the wicking material which will create the vapor. It is important to fill the wicking material because otherwise you would be smoking coil not vaping. This will prepare the vape for the first hits.
3. Take a Few Dry Hits
Take a few dry hits means that the first hits of the vape will not be the best. Just breathe them in and then breathe them straight out. Taking a few dry hits is necessary to work in the vape. It will start breaking- in the coil.
4. Start Breaking-in The Coil
Start breaking- in the coil to make your vaping experience the best. This step will heat up the vape for a long-lasting vaping experience. It is important to take your time with breaking-in the coil to avoid smoking coil.
Read on to learn what exactly is a vape coil.
What is a Vape Coil?
A vape coil is a metal that is wrapped around your vapes wicking material. The battery will heat your vape coil and this heats the wick. Wick is soaked in e-liquid and starts to produce vapor. The necessity of coils for vape are that there would be no vapor without them. The better the vape coil the better the quality of the vaping experience.
Read more about What is Vape?
What is the Purpose of Vape Coil?
The purpose of vape coil is to heat up the e-liquid so it would vaporize. Vape coil is responsible for the quality and the quantity of the vapor. So in that sense the coil is responsible for the whole vaporizing process. It is vital that you know how to prime a coil in order to get the best experience possible.
Read on to find out what are the other different components of a vape.
What are the Other Different Components of a Vape?
The other different components of vape are:
- A mouthpiece- used for breathing in the aerosol.
- A power/ control button or sensors that activate when you inhale- used for turning on the vape.
- A battery- used for powering the heating element.
- A cartridge/ tank / pod – used for holding liquid (with the refill option in some cases).
Read on to find out when you need to replace a vape coil.
When to Replace a Vape Coil?
You need to replace a vape coil:
- Smoking: When the vape coil starts to smoke when you are using your vape then you need to change the vape coil.
- Burnt taste: When your vapor starts to taste burnt then it is a sign that you need to change your vape coil.
- Strange taste: When your vape does not taste like it used to then it is a sign that you need to change the vape coil.
- Dark e-liquid: When the vape e-liquid looks dark then it is a sign that you need to change the vape coil.
- Leaking e-liquid: When the vape e-liquid is leaking then that is a sign that you need to change the vape coil.
- Flashing or error signal: When the vape flashes or there is an error signal then it is a sign that you need to change the vape coil.
- Dry hits: When you get dry hits then it is a sign that you need to change the vape coil.
- A week-month has passed: When you last changed the vape coil a week/month ago (depending on how much and how often you vape) then it is time to change the vape coil.
Read on to find out what types of vape coils there are.
What are the Types of Vape Coils?
The type of vape coils there are:
- Vertical coil: These are the most common coils. It is a single wrapped wire, in a coil shape running from the bottom of the metal casing to the top. The wicking material is wrapped around it so the air moves through the center of the coil wire.
- Dual coil: It is the same as the previous coil type, only there are two wraps of coil wire side by side. This coil produces more vapor and more heat.
- Triple coil: It is the same as a vertical coil, but there are three wires. There is more vapor and more heat.
- Multiple coils: Multiple coils means more than three wires (can be 8 or even more). This produces massive vape clouds and again the heat is higher.
- Twisted coils: Twisted coils have multiple strands of wire, wrapped around each other, or braided around each other and then made into a coil. Twisted coils offer a great flavor experience.
- Mesh coils: This coil involves no single wires but a mesh instead. The flavor is getting even better and the heat is burning.
- Net coils: A variation on mesh coils, they are very similar but with bigger holes so it looks like a fishing net. The taste is the best and also the vapor is the fiercest.
Read on to learn the benefits of priming a new vape coil.
What are the Benefits of Priming a New Vape Coil?
The benefits of priming a new vape coil are:
- Better taste: When new vape coils are primed then the vapor taste will be better. There will be no burnt taste.
- Longer lifespan: When new vape coils are primed then vape coils will last longer. You will not burn through the vape coil as fast as you would when you would not prime the vape coil.
- Better quality: When new vape coils are primed then the vapor quality will be better. The vape coil will heat the e-liquid more evenly and you will have better control over the vapor quality.
Now that you are aware of the benefits of priming a new vape coil, read on to learn what are the downsides of not priming a new vape coil.
What are the Downsides of Not Priming a New Vape Coil?
The downsides of not priming a new vape coil are:
- Burnt taste: When the vape coils are not primed then the cotton inside the vape coil will burn and cause the burning taste for the vapor.
- Less effective: When the vape coils are not primed then the vape coil is less effective at its work. That leads to less vapor and vapor quality is not as good as it would be when the vape coil would be primed.
- Shorter lifespan: When vape coils are not primed then it will last for a shorter time than it would when it would be primed.
Read on to learn what liquid you should use for priming a vape coil.
What Liquid Should You Use for Priming a Vape Coil?
You use the e-liquid meant for vapes for priming a vape coil. You need to leave time for the liquid to absorb into the cotton in the vape coil. The liquid to use for priming a new coil is plain e-liquid meant for vaporizing. If you do not let it soak in well enough then that will cause smoke and burnt taste for the vaping.
Read on to learn how long you should prime your new vape coil.
Read more about Propylene Glycol E-Liquid.
How Long Should You Prime Your New Vape Coil?
You should prime your new vape coil for 5 to 10 minutes. The higher the VG (Vegetable Glycerin) content the longer it will take (10 minutes). The higher the PG (Propylene Glycol) the less time it will take (5 minutes). The usage of vape coils is better when you take enough time to prime your new vape coil.
Read on to learn what are the signs to replace a new vape coil.
What Are the Signs to Replace a New Vape Coil?
The signs to replace a new vape coil are:
- Burnt taste: The first indicator that your vape coil needs changing is a burnt taste when you inhale from the device.
- Taste is off: If you are not getting the flavor experience you usually get from your e-liquid then it may be time to replace the coil. Coil influences the taste experience and flavor quality.
- Less vapor: The reduction in the amount of vapor your device is producing is an indicator that the coil needs to be changed. Coil influences the quality and quantity of vapor.
- Dark e-liquid: The build-up from the wick and the coil eventually will turn the e-liquid dark, it means that the quality will be impacted as well. It is time to change the coil.
- Excess liquid (leak): When coil is not vaporizing the e-liquid properly then some of it will leak into the vape’s other parts. It is a sign that the coil needs to be changed.
- Flashing of the vape or error signals: Some vape’s have electronics that give you notice when it is time to change the coil.
- Dry hits: When vape’s coil is not working properly you will experience dry hits and that is a sign that the coil needs to be changed.
Read on to learn why your coil burns after priming.
Why Is My Coil Burning After Priming?
Your coil is burning after priming because wicking and coil material did not get wet enough. Wick is made of cotton and dry cotton burns. Another reason for coil burning after priming is that the wattage was too high. Too high wattage for the coil will burn it. Third reason for coil burning after priming is that the tank is too empty and the wick gets too dry, that will cause burning in the coil. Fourth reason why your coil is burning after priming is that you did for too long with too big hits. Fifth reason why your coil is burning after priming is that the wick got clogged or the vape has some dirt in it. All of these reasons for coil burning have their solutions and it can be fixed.
Read on to learn why does the vape taste burnt.
Why Does the Vape Taste Burnt?
The vape tastes burnt when there is not enough e-liquid in the vape container. In that case the vape coil might start burning (the cotton part of it) and that causes the burnt taste. When the vape tastes burnt the vape coil needs to be changed. When the vape coil needs to be changed then the cotton part of the vape coil will start burning and that causes the burnt taste in the vaping. The vape also tastes burnt when there is dirt in the vaporizer then the coil starts to burn it. That leads to the burnt taste of the vape. Read on to find out if you should clean the vape every time you prime a new vape coil.
Should I Clean the Vape every time I Prime a New Vape Coil?
Yes, you should clean the vape every time you prime a new vape coil. It is necessary to clean the vape every time you prime a new vape coil to keep up the quality of the vaping experience. When vape coils are changed and the vape itself is dirty then dirt might get on the new coil and cause burning and a change of taste in the vapor. Read on to find out whether burnt vape coils are bad for your throat.
Is a Burnt Vape Coil Bad for Your throat?
Yes, burnt vape coils are bad for your throat. When you use a burnt vape coil then you will breathe in smoke and burnt e-liquid which will harm your throat. Vape coils should be replaced regularly and also according to necessity to keep the vaping experience pleasant and less harmful to your health.
Read on to find out whether disposable vapes need to prime vape coils.
Do Disposable Vapes Need to Prime Vape Coils?
No, disposable vapes do not need to prime vape coils. Disposable vapes are ready for usage and there is no maintenance necessary. You dispose of the vape when the vape coil (vape) has finished. Vape coils are meant not to be replaced in disposable vapes.Read more about Disposable Vapes.